Thread lifting is a cosmetic surgery that uses threads to lift and tighten the skin. It’s a minimally invasive procedure, requiring less downtime and recovery time.
A thin thread is inserted using a small needle beneath the skin and anchored. The thread then tightens and lifts the skin, providing a temporary face lift. Over time, the inserted thread is dissolved within the skin, stimulating collagen and elastin production. You can expect to have improved volume and skin tone.
To achieve even better results, thread lifting can be done together with a skin tightening laser (such as a lifting laser or HIFU), filler, or botox treatments.
The whole procedure would take at least 30-60 minutes, and anesthesia will be used in this treatment
TYPES OF THREADS
Elasty PCL provides a better experience and typically lasts longer than PDO threads. It addresses the shortcomings of PDO threads by boosting collagen and elastin production while minimizing discomfort. You won’t feel any foreign substances when your facial expressions change. Moreover, it is more durable and won’t easily break.
This type of thread has a unique polymer PCL structure made by a molding press system and consists of an intaglio cog. It is made of thicker threads and has no heat treatment, providing higher tensile strength and a better treatment effect.
Elasty KO PCL (Barbie-Ko: PCL*4 Thread Lifting): Nose Lifting (4 Threads)
Elasty KO PCL is what we use here for nose lifting because its effectivity lasts longer than PDO. PDO is said to be effective for about 6 months, on the other hand, PCL is effective for about 18 months. The effect of the treatment does not decrease rapidly but decreases at a slower rate when the thread melts.
Our nose lifting treatment helps fix the shape of your nose when the nose bridge is low or the nose tip is drooping. Nose lifting is ideal for people who want to fix their nose shape but is afraid of getting rhinoplasty. The great thing about nose lifting is that you can change your nose shape without an incision of the skin or surgery.
Elasty KO PCL (Barbie-Ko: PCL*4 Thread Lifting + Filler): Nose Lifting (4 Threads) + Filler
You can have a personalized nose lifting treatment. Several factors will affect your nose lifting treatment, such as the shape of your nose, the size of your nose, skin condition/s, and many more. In our nose lifting treatment, you can add fillers to your treatment to achieve an improved and better-looking nose shape. Fillers are a great way to naturally improve your facial appearance. It helps stimulate collagen and elastin production and its results are quick and immediate.
- Don’t forget to take medication in case prescribed by the doctor. Instead of general anesthesia, we use local anesthesia for thread lifting. You will experience redness, pain, and swelling in the treated area, despite having local anesthesia because it only numbs the affected area for a short time.
- Allow yourself to rest as much as possible. We recommend taking about 24-48 hours to rest to allow for a full recovery. Do not touch and apply pressure on the treated area after receiving the procedure.
- Avoid too much sun exposure. Too much sun exposure may cause damage to your skin. Use sunscreen to prevent and protect you from harmful UV rays. These UV rays enter your skin and cause your skin to lose collagen.
- Do not wear makeup for 48 hours. In thread lifting, incision marks may cause uneven pigmentation. However, this will heal and disappear after a few days. Do not try to cover it up with makeup because it will only cause an infection. We strongly advise following the doctor’s instructions.
- Eat soft foods. During the recovery period after the procedure, do not put pressure on the threads by chewing vigorously with solid food. You might dislocate the threads when you eat hard and solid foods. We recommend including soft foods in your diet in the meantime.
- Use a moisturizer and drink enough water. It is important to moisturize your skin daily and always keep your skin hydrated by drinking enough water.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can you expect after a thread lift?
Immediately after your procedure, you may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort. This is normal and should subside after a few days. You may also notice that your skin feels firmer and more elastic immediately following the lift. You can leave the clinic and resume your daily activities immediately after the procedure. It is recommended to take at least 2-4 days of recovery time to look normal and 1-2 weeks to recover fully.
Who is a good candidate for a thread lift?
Thread lifting is a good option for people looking for a less-invasive alternative to surgery. It is also a good option for people who want to see results immediately.
Generally, good thread lifting candidates are people aged 35 or older, have mild to moderate wrinkles, have drooping and sagging skin, are in good health, and want an immediate lifting effect after the procedure.
How many sessions are needed for a thread lift?
The number of sessions you’ll need for thread lifting depends on your skin condition and the results you hope to achieve. Most people will see results after 3-4 sessions, but it’s best to consult your aesthetician to get a custom treatment plan.
How long do thread lift results last?
You can immediately see results after the treatment, typically lasting 1-1.5 years.