Your head is one of the most important parts of your body. It’s home to your hair and scalp, which need to be properly taken care of if you want to look and feel your best.
So, what is scalp care? In a nutshell, it’s the practice of keeping your scalp healthy and free from buildup. Think of it as taking care of your hair’s foundation.
Just like you need to wash your face every day to keep it clean and clear, you need to wash your scalp regularly to remove any dirt, oil, and product buildup. Additionally, using a scalp treatment once or twice a week can help keep your scalp healthy and free of flakes, itchiness, and other scalp issues.
Cause of hair loss:
- An inherited cause
- Eating habits
- After childbirth
Benefits of Scalp Care Treatments:
- preventing and treating scalp conditions such as dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis
- unblocking pores and clearing the way for better absorption of other hair care products
- nourishing the scalp
- promoting healthy hair growth and healthy hair regeneration
- increase the thickness of hair follicles
- decrease the chance of hair loss
Applied Areas For Scalp Care Treatments:
Scalp scaling is the removal of dead skin cells from the scalp. It’s a common treatment used to improve the appearance of the scalp and get rid of any flaking or scaling.
There are a few different ways to go about scalp scaling. One is to use a scalp scaler, which is a handheld device that looks a bit like a toothbrush. It has metal bristles that are used to remove the dead skin cells from the scalp. Another option is to use a scalpel to scrape off the dead skin cells. This can be a bit more painful, but it’s also more effective.
Finally, you can also use a chemical peel to remove the dead skin cells from the scalp. This involves using a solution made with glycolic acid or salicylic acid to loosen and remove the dead skin cells.
Scalp Mesotherapy is a highly targeted treatment that uses tiny injections of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients directly into the scalp to improve hair health and vitality.
One of the main benefits of scalp mesotherapy is that it can help to reverse hair loss and stimulate new hair growth. It can also help to combat scalp inflammation, oily scalp, and dandruff.
It is also an effective treatment in promoting blood circulation and preventing hair loss.
If you’re experiencing hair loss, thinning hair, or other scalp issues, then scalp mesotherapy may be the treatment for you.
Scalp Microneedle Therapy System (MTS)
Scalp MTS has devices, also called derma rollers, with small needles. These are rolled onto the scalp without causing damage to the surface. Microneedling can be repeated often.
To achieve optimal results, microneedling once every 1-3 weeks is recommended to promote faster regeneration of hair.
It is good for people with thinning hair because it promotes healthy hair growth and increases the thickness of existing hair follicles.
It is a minimally invasive procedure that causes the scalp to release hair growth factors and platelets in the area that needs to be treated, resulting in thicker existing follicles.
Benefits of Scalp Microneedle Therapy System:
- Reorganization of collagen. The “micro-injuries” created by the tiny needles help destroy the existing disorganized collagen and produce new collagen to be arranged in an organized way.
- Improving topical absorption. Topicals will penetrate easily to the subcutaneous and dermal layers of the scalp.
- Increase in protein provision. It stimulates protein production such as fibroblast growth factor and platelet-derived protein
It’s important to take precautions for scalp care treatments. Here are a few key things to keep in mind:
- Never use scalp care treatments if you have a scalp infection or open wounds.
- Do not dye on the day and shampoo on the day after receiving scalp MTS or scalp care injection. You could experience slight stinging or tingling, but it will be fine the next day, so it’s good to have regular aftercare as needed.
- Avoid using harsh hair and scalp care products after the treatment so your scalp can recover.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
It depends on your scalp type and the condition of your scalp. If you have a dry scalp, you may need to use a treatment once or twice a week. If you have an oily scalp, you may only need to use a treatment once or twice a month. It’s always best to consult with your dermatologist to find out what’s best for you.
Generally, scalp care treatments are safe and effective. However, it’s always important to read the instructions carefully before use. In some cases, you may experience mild irritation or redness. If this occurs, discontinue use and consult with your dermatologist.
Yes! Many scalp care treatments are safe to use on color-treated hair. However, it’s always best to consult with a doctor before deciding which treatment is right for you.
Most side effects are related to the injection site. These will include slight redness and swelling at the injection site. These side effects disappear with time (usually within one or two days) as they are generally mild to moderate. You do not need to worry as our doctors will perform a thorough assessment before you undergo the procedure.