Thread lifting is a cosmetic surgery that uses threads to lift and tighten the skin. It’s a minimally invasive procedure, requiring less downtime and recovery time.
A thin thread is inserted using a small needle beneath the skin and anchored. The thread then tightens and lifts the skin, providing a temporary face lift. Over time, the inserted thread is dissolved within the skin, stimulating collagen and elastin production. You can expect to have improved volume and skin tone.
To achieve even better results, thread lifting can be done together with a skin tightening laser (such as a lifting laser or HIFU), filler, or botox treatments.
The whole procedure would take at least 30-60 minutes, and anesthesia will be used in this treatment.
Can leave the clinic immediately
After Surgery Check-ups
Recovery Time to Normal Look
Recovery Time to Full Setting
Benefits Of Thread Lifting:
- Quick and easy procedure with minimal downtime
- Creates an immediate lifting effect
- Treats sagging skin, wrinkles and fine lines, and acne scars
- Boosts collagen and increases skin elasticity
- Results are natural and long-lasting
- Improves blood circulation in the face
Applied Areas For Thread Lifting:
- Wrinkles on the forehead
- Wrinkles around the eyes
- Drooping cheeks
- Laugh lines
- Jawline, Double Chin
- Wrinkles on the neck
The thread lift results are usually gradual, so you may not see the full effect until several weeks have passed. However, most people report significant improvement in the appearance of their skin after just one treatment.
- Elasty Line: Thread Lifting (8 Threads)
- Elasty Line: Thread Lifting (16 Threads)
- Elasty Line: Thread Lifting (20~ Threads)
- Elasty KO PCL (Barbie-Ko: PCL*4 Thread Lifting): Nose Lifting (4 Threads)
- Elasty KO PCL (Barbie-Ko: PCL*4 Thread Lifting + Filler): Nose Lifting (4 Threads) + Filler
- Don’t forget to take medication in case prescribed by the doctor. Instead of general anesthesia, we use local anesthesia for thread lifting. You will experience redness, pain, and swelling in the treated area, despite having local anesthesia because it only numbs the affected area for a short time.
- Allow yourself to rest as much as possible. We recommend taking about 24-48 hours to rest to allow for a full recovery. Do not touch and apply pressure on the treated area after receiving the procedure.
- Avoid too much sun exposure. Too much sun exposure may cause damage to your skin. Use sunscreen to prevent and protect you from harmful UV rays. These UV rays enter your skin and cause your skin to lose collagen.
- Do not wear makeup for 48 hours. In thread lifting, incision marks may cause uneven pigmentation. However, this will heal and disappear after a few days. Do not try to cover it up with makeup because it will only cause an infection. We strongly advise following the doctor’s instructions.
- Eat soft foods. During the recovery period after the procedure, do not put pressure on the threads by chewing vigorously with solid food. You might dislocate the threads when you eat hard and solid foods. We recommend including soft foods in your diet in the meantime.
- Use a moisturizer and drink enough water. It is important to moisturize your skin daily and always keep your skin hydrated by drinking enough water.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What can you expect after a thread lift?
Immediately after your procedure, you may experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort. This is normal and should subside after a few days. You may also notice that your skin feels firmer and more elastic immediately following the lift. You can leave the clinic and resume your daily activities immediately after the procedure. It is recommended to take at least 2-4 days of recovery time to look normal and 1-2 weeks to recover fully.
Who is a good candidate for a thread lift?
Thread lifting is a good option for people looking for a less-invasive alternative to surgery. It is also a good option for people who want to see results immediately.
Generally, good thread lifting candidates are people aged 35 or older, have mild to moderate wrinkles, have drooping and sagging skin, are in good health, and want an immediate lifting effect after the procedure.
How many sessions are needed for a thread lift?
The number of sessions you’ll need for thread lifting depends on your skin condition and the results you hope to achieve. Most people will see results after 3-4 sessions, but it’s best to consult your aesthetician to get a custom treatment plan.
How long do thread lift results last?
You can immediately see results after the treatment, typically lasting 1-1.5 years.